How to Become a Volunteer
What we need from you
- enthusiasm and a keen interest in our programs
- dedication to the job which needs to be done
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- police records check including the vulnerable sector search
- a signed pledge of confidentiality
What you can expect from us
- a positive and valuable volunteer experience which suits your skills and needs
- orientation to our organization
- ongoing training and supervision
- a work environment that encourages open and honest communication
- appreciation and recognition
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
• Be involved in the childcare programs and resources in your community
• Gain valuable knowledge and experience
• Enhance job skills
• Share your talents
• Build relationships
• Learn new things
• Have fun
• Make a Difference
Assisting Early Years Staff with setting up/taking down of room, craft, snack, disinfecting of tables and toys, interacting with children and families, modeling appropriate language/behaviour, share your talents.
Toy Library Assistant
Assisting with cataloguing new toys and books, promoting toys and resources, keeping files and binders organized and updated.
Preparing resources to be used in the playroom, at playgroups. (eg. Felt stories, matching games, Early learning totes, Newborn Literacy kits, Welcome to Newborn packs.
Special Events Assistant
Assisting with planning of special events, working at the event, follow up and evaluation.
Assisting with fundraising efforts as needed.
Literacy Program Support
Assisting the Early Literacy Specialist as needed. Assisting the Family Literacy staff with preparing RAPP (Reading and Parents Program) book packs.
Sewing, Quilting, Knitting
Quilting, and/or knitting baby blankets, booties, hats to be used for Welcome to Newborn packs. Sewing repairs, making toy bags, costumes etc.. as needed.
Assisting with childcare at workshops, modeling appropriate language/behaviour, interacting with children.
Volunteers are very valuable to us as they assist in our programs and work along with staff to promote and enhance our services and resources.
If you would be interested in any of the positions above please call:
Jennie Hill at 613-354-6318 ext 23 or Becky Kavanaugh 613-336-8934 ext 257
A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEERS!
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!