This program is designed to work in partnership with families of children aged birth-12 years of age, who may be experiencing challenges in one or more of the following areas of development; physical, social, emotional, communication, intellectual, behavioural and/or may have increased environmental stresses.
Families must have their child enrolled in a licensed Childcare setting. Settings may include Daycare Programs, School Age Programs, & Licensed Home Child Care.
Consultants assist with:
• Finding an inclusive childcare program that meets their child's needs
• Providing developmental screening to assess the child's current level and next steps
• Making referrals and seeking assessments for their child if needed
• Assisting families to seek available funding such as ACSD and SSAH
• Acting as a liaison with the childcare setting to consult, provide resources and ensure inclusion
• Providing consultation to develop goals and strategies
• Help to implement recommendations from therapists (Speech, Occupational or Physical Therapy)
Consultants assist Child Care Providers with:
• providing on site consultation and regular visits to the child care program
• providing adaptive equipment if needed
• lending teaching aids, games, toys, activities and resources from LARC's lending library to enhance the program and work on specific skills
• developing individual programming and goal planning to meet the child's specific needs within the group setting
• providing training opportunities
• offering ongoing support and review of the goals to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the child as they progress and grow
• providing social skills programming at school age programs
• providing funding for Enhance Support Staff to foster and promote inclusion
How to make a referral?
• Parents or a professional with parental consent can make a referral to the Resource Consultant Program by contacting the Resource Consultants below by phone or e-mail.
For more information on this program please contact: